|Knowledge Base Home | Submit a new ticket|
LogMeIn Rescue is software that allows someone temporary remote control access to your computer. If you have recently received some kind of remote support or training, the technician must have used our LogMeIn Rescue. Sometimes the chat window will start with your computer, even though there is no longer a technician connected your computer.
IF YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT WITH DOING THE FOLLOWING STEPS PLEASE CONTACT A SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE FOR ASSISTANCE
Do the following on the target computer to remove the applet:
1) Click Start > Accessories > run the Command Prompt Option. (If using Windows Vista please right-click and Select "Run as an Administrator.").
2) Type in the command "sc delete LMIRescue" without the quotes and hit enter.
3) Go to Start > Run and type regedit , then press Enter.
4) Browse to the following key and delete it (if it appears): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LMIRescue .
5) Navigate to C:\Windows and delete the folder named LMI###.tmp, with ### symbolizing random numbers.
6) Restart the computer, and the window should no longer appear.
If this box still appears after restart:
In this case go back into the registry editor (Step 3) and ensure that there are no entries in regards to LMI in either of the following registry keys:
Do not delete these keys, just ensure no entries for LMI or LogMeIn remain under them.